Assistant Program Coordinator -- Part-Time Position (Calabasas)
Are you passionate about health, nutrition, fitness, and helping others? Join SOSMentor in Calabasas to make a difference in the health of students and families in our community! We are a rapidly growing non-profit organization whose mission is to educate and motivate underserved youth in Greater Los Angeles to eat healthy and be active through after school mentoring programs.
We are looking for a part-time Assistant Program Coordinator to assist the Program Coordinator in day-to-day operations. Applicants should have a background in nutrition education or public health and a strong interest in the non-profit sector, community development, and providing opportunities to underserved youth and communities. This position will pay between $12-$16 an hour, depending on experience and abilities. Approximately 5 days a week, 4 hours a day preferred; could lead to a full-time position.
• Communicate and work collaboratively with Program Coordinator
• Help manage day-to-day operations in the SOSMentor office (located in Calabasas)
• Analyze data in order to write grant reports and other publications
• Write newsletters and Constant Contact emails for all SOSMentor friends and affiliates
• Communicate with potential partners through letter writing and email
• Manage program expenditures and petty cash
• Assist with fundraising
• Network with local volunteer agencies, hospitals, community support groups, and educational institutions to recruit program mentors and exchange program information
• Screen and communicate with potential mentors and place them at appropriate school sites
• Update and build social networks such as our website and blog, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
• Bachelor's degree
• Passion for nutrition education in underserved communities
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Ability to work quickly and adapt to a constantly changing environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Efficiency, strong attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
• Energetic, enthusiastic, positive attitude, and a team-player mentality is a must
• Must be able to work independently to complete projects, but also follow directions when specific tasks are assigned
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to (818) 222-4322.
To find out more about SOSMentor, you can visit our website at www.sosmentor.org or call us at (818) 222-4243.
We are looking for volunteer mentors for ShapeUp programs. Mentoring high school students in our ShapeUp program is fun, fulfilling, a great fieldwork opportunity for college students, and an excellent service and mentoring opportunity for volunteers. In addition, being a mentor could lead to a spring internship or salary position. CLICK HERE to fill out a Mentor application.
•Be a mentor in an activity driven interactive nutrition, health, and fitness program
•Help make a positive difference in students’ health while improving your own health
•Support teens as they practice healthy habits and then mentor younger children
•Have fun and make a difference while working with college students and professionals
•Training and Orientation - 1.5 hours from 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
•ShapeUp Mentoring Workshops - 1.5 hours per week / 8 weeks / 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
•Complete a mentor application at www.sosmentor.org
To find out more about SOSMentor and to fill out a mentor application, visit our website at www.sosmentor.org or call us at (818) 222-4243.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax unofficial college transcripts to (818) 222-4322 or send through US Mail SOSMentor - 23622 Calabasas Road, Suite 146 Calabasas, CA 91302. Call our office to confirm receipt of faxed materials.